At Phoenix, we know that great learning begins with great leaders. This means that we work to find exceptional teachers, fellows, social workers, and staff members who live and breathe our mission of sending high-risk youth to college. Phoenix schools provide unprecedented opportunities for our students, and we provide unique opportunities for our staff as well.
Some of these opportunities include:
• Joining an alternative education movement. At Phoenix, we believe that alternative education does not mean low academic standards and a GED-track. Our schools and our network prove that all students, despite past educational experiences, can earn their high school diploma and succeed in college.
• Extensive professional development. Each staff member always has the potential to grow, and we ensure through weekly supervisions with direct supervisors and weekly Friday professional development sessions that each staff member is constantly striving to better serve Phoenix scholars.
• Innovation within a collaborative community. One person cannot do it all: educating youth is a collaborative and creative effort. We support teamwork through weekly department meetings and constant, informal conversations. We encourage our staff to create and take on new projects that will benefit student engagement and achievement, whether it be designing after-school clubs as a retention effort or creating new classroom incentives for scholarly habit-building.
• Climbing the professional ladder. The Phoenix network is quickly growing. With a 5-year plan that involves opening at least 3 more schools, we are constantly looking within the Phoenix team to lead these new efforts.
All members of the Phoenix team embody core traits that make them excel at helping students succeed. These are the characteristics that we look for in all our potential candidates:
• Effective Problem-Solver. Every day at Phoenix brings unique challenges. All staff members need to navigate obstacles and foster student achievement.
• Mission-driven. Phoenix staff members fervently believe that all students can succeed in college.
• Entrepreneurial. Each student requires an individualized path to success. Teachers, fellows, and other staff members are all innovators in finding keys to unlocking student achievement.
If you are ready to join the Phoenix family, click here to review our open positions. We know that you can make all the difference.